Thursday, April 10, 2008

Irresistible Mud

My kids can't resist a good mud puddle. Fortunately for them, but not so fortunate for my car, there are several large depressions at the end of our driveway that fill up with water fairly frequently. Spring melt is a great time for mud. Sometimes my boys go through three pairs of socks in one day in the spring.

Laundry is a small price to pay for watching the look of pure joy on the face of a little boy playing in the mud. Again, it's just another great thing about living in the country. In the city you might have a puddle at the end of your driveway after a rain, but it's not very muddy and it's drained away into storm sewers before you can find your rubber frog mud boots.

We're forecasted for 8-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, with temps rising into the 50's and 60's by early next week. That means that Sunday will be another great mud day. I might just have to find some frog boots of my own.

No comments: