Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Signs of life


I was literally typing the last words of my previous post, when my eight-year-old came home from school. He yelled out to me not to come into the kitchen yet, because he had a surprise for me. A minute later he tells me to come in. One piece of my agrarian picture has fallen into place -- just-picked wild flowers on the kitchen table.


This afternoon while my husband was fixing the goats' manger, just before we found the dead opossum, we found Pepper Cat's newest batch of kitties. They are only two or three days old.


We are still sick, I am still feeling down, but there are small signs of life.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Yay!! Glad part of your vision came true. To be absolutely honest here, though, your vision is more than partly coming true. You have chickens, goats, a working farm on a small scale, homemade soap, butter, canned veggies and fruits, jams, the list is endless. I would love to be in your situation!!! Pat yourself on the back more often. You've worked hard and have a lot to show for it. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Jo said...

Thanks, big sis. You are very welcome to come out and stay 'in my situation' anytime you want! We'll put in a room for you upstairs in the goat barn. I don't think the opossums can climb up the ladder ...

Sweating the small stuff? Remember, we're part Boley - sweating the small stuff is what we do best!

Karen said...

I get the goat barn? Cool! Now you have to let me decorate it!! I would love to camp out in the loft! Is this a family thing? Is everyone gunna? What a blast!! When can we come???

Jo said...

Yes, you can decorate! It will probably end up looking nicer than my house. Everyone is certainly welcome, you can come out next week! Might need to put in a window up there in the loft, it can get a little stuffy.