Friday, July 4, 2008

Barn Raising

Two weeks ago we had a 'barn-raising' weekend. My husband's uncle & family, brother & family and father came out, all intent on working on our new barn and getting as much done as possible. Turns out this barn-building-thing is more time and work than originally estimated. But it is slowly coming together. I pick up our first goat in two weeks. She might have to shack up with the chickens for awhile.

The best part of the weekend was the cookout on Saturday. A hearty bonfire, beautiful sunset, lots of yummy food, no bugs, and the boys sleeping out in a tent with my husband. Good time was had by all.

















Above is a picture of my husband's brother Nate and his one-year-old son. My husband's other brother, Caleb, was also celebrating that weekend elsewhere in Minnesota -- his first son, Malakai Ezekiel, was born at their home on Friday. Congrats Caleb and Hope! Let the sleepless nights begin!

No comments: