Monday, September 1, 2008

Barn to be

My sister requested updated photos of the barn-in-progress, so here goes:


The plywood is on the roof, the second floor floor is finished, the siding is finished on 1 and 3/4 of the sides, all the windows are in, the goat door is in, and half of the internal wall separating the main barn area from the animal run-in area is built.

I'd say it is probably 2/3 done, from start to finish. And it's only taken three months! I warned the barn builder, who occasionally reads this blog, that I was going to get snarkier the longer it took him to build it. So he was forwarned ... Soon I will start comparing the timeline of this barn's construction to that of the Sistine Chapel. Maybe I'll give my kids some finger paints and let them loose on the ceiling.

1 comment:

Jim Wilkins said...

In 1508 Michelangelo was commissioned by Pope Julius II to paint the vault, or ceiling of the chapel. It took him until 1512 to complete. The barn builder is slightly ahead of schedule by those numbers. Maybe they should sloooooowwwwww doooowwwnnn.....