Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gifts and Giving

Giddy as a schoolgirl, I was.  Just ask my husband, who was there when I opened the package.  A few days ago I received my 'pay it forward' gift from the lovely lassie at CowGaels in Tir na Blog.  Isn't she sweet?  I've put her by my potted herbs in the southwest window for now.  I think she likes hangin' with the greenery.


And, in keeping with the tradition, I am hereby offering a homemade gift of my own to the first three folks who post a reply.  Leave your name and email in a comment, and I'll see what I can do to spread some gift-giving love.  The only hitch -- you must share some of your own handmade gifts with other folks, sometime in the future.

Consider it a pyramid scheme for presents.  Normally I don't go in for gimmicky internet stuff, but I couldn't resist when I saw the poppets with their radish balloons.  Sooooo very cute.


And whereas my giftie won't be nearly as sweet-looking, it will definitely be sweet-smelling.  That is, if you like the cherry scent of sweet almond oil...

3 comments:

miSz tUna said...

Hi!
Oh my I was so thrilled to read your post because I'm so interested to try out the soap you made the moment you posted about making it. I hope I can be one of the lucky three. and I will definitely send out 3 gifts to other people to keep the 'pyramid' of gifts going. If you're considering me, thank you. this is my e-mail tuna_butterfly@yahoo.ie

Karen said...

Am I also one of the lucky three? Actually, I shouldn't be selfish cuz you have recently gifted us with some of your incredibly wonderful soaps!!! Go ahead and be generous to another lucky person...until I run out! How did you get onto this pyramid? I LOVE the little doll you received! It sounded as if she came from across the "pond"! How did you hook up to this wonderful game???

Jenny said...

Almond is my favorite smell! and I really love this idea! I've got a whole bunch of chapstick I made recently with some of our beeswax that I might pass along! My email is Jen.Good.Davis@gmail.com if you want to pick me too! Thanks!